Monday, November 8, 2010

Family Photos


Living away from home is not easy. However, one benefit to living overseas is you get to meet lots of people. I have almost lived in Holland for a year! (minus the two and a half months I spent at home during the summer:) In the time that we have lived here I have met lots of interesting, kind and generous people. I have met teachers, doctors, lawyers, stay at home moms, pastors, accountants and so many more. One person who I have met is named Henk Eggens. Henk is a photographer and he photographs Jason's basketball games. Last year after each game he would post the pictures from the game on his website. Throughout the year Jason and I would look at the pictures and comment on how good they were. When Cooper was born we wanted some pictures taken and we thought of Henk. Since Cooper was born so close to the end of the last season the timing never worked out and we never did get our session with Henk. Well fast forward to this season and this time we were not going to let this opportunity pass. Just a couple weeks ago Quincy had a week off from school for Fall break. During that week we set up a time to meet at Henks studio for some family photos. Going into this I had no idea that Henk actually doesn't take studio portraits but is actually a social and documentary photographer. I also didn't realize that he and Jason had so much in common. Henk has traveled back and forth to Seattle a number of times and has actually been to Jason's hometown of Kent on several occasions. After the photo session we spent some time talking to Henk about his time and experiences in Seattle. I am always surprised at how small of a world we actually live in.
We walked into the photo session hoping for some nice pictures and we what we came away with completely surpassed out expectations. We had art...starring my beautiful family. Here are just a few of the photos taken that day. I love all of them so much and I can never thank Henk Eggens enough for these precious memories!
My FAVORITE of Quincy and Cooper
Sweet Cooper
Jason with what else...a basketball;)
Adorable profile of Quincy
Oops...he pulled off the stem.
Cooper too loves the basketball...sigh
Jason and me!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, lady- those pictures are awesome!!! Good luck deciding which ones to print and hang up! ;) I too love the one of Quincy and Cooper and what a beautiful profile Q has. I wanna see more!!! Is there a link or something? ;o) You have a beautiful family, and you and Jason look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, what a beautiful family you have, and please forward my kudos to Hank for such amazing photos. I hope I can do as well some day! So good to hear you are taking everything in ... this time will pass all too quickly. I saw the sweet comment you posted on Meg's blog so thank you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete