Thursday, March 24, 2011

Out and About

Spring has sprung in Europe! The Ellis family has enjoyed some amazing weather the past few days and after a chilly, cloudy Winter it was a much needed change. This is my third Spring in Europe so I realize the sun can...and probably will...be gone tomorrow so we are getting out as much as we can! This past weekend Jason was fortunate enough to get three days off so we headed to the beach! Ok ok so it wasn't warm...and actually it was mostly cloudy but it was the beach and I LOVE the beach. We drove 2.5 hours North to Cuxhaven, Germany a small beach town situated on the North Sea. I was pleasantly surprised by soft sand a cute seashells:) After spending the weekend away we came home to warm air and a sunny sky! On Tuesday Jason, Cooper and I ventured out for a walk...our goal...to go somewhere we had never been before. Success! We happened upon a classic Netherlands landmark...a windmill and sat Cooper right down to take some pics. Overall this past week has been beautiful and we have enjoyed it to the max with walks, picnics and just sitting outside. Here are some of the pictures from our time outside...and a few I just couldn't resist slipping in;)




Those specks in the middle of the picture are actually people. The water recedes REALLY far.

The path we followed that led us to the windmill


Hang Time!

Love!
Can you even BELIEVE he is 11 months?!? Such a big boy!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? The road that led you to the beautiful spot by the windmill? Ridiculously beautiful. Should be in a movie or something. So glad you're getting out and enjoying the nice weather- and I can't wait to see tulip pictures again!!!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! I wrote a comment to this about two weeks ago on my iPhone but it wouldn't go through. Just wanted to say how much I love these photos ... and those boys. Oh my, handsome buggers! Cooper has changed so much and Quincy must be soaking up every part of this experience. Now it's been three weeks since you posted so get on it girl. We want more! I've sure enjoyed having the kids here. Haven't seen them a ton but just nice to know they are here. I did get to babysit Syd for about 4 hours Monday and that was sure a treat ... and a treat for Meg to unpack and set up their cute apartment. You need to get on her about updating her blog too, but then she has been a tad bit busy. I'm so happy you are enjoying your travel experience. Mary

    ReplyDelete