Friday, April 22, 2011

Cooper's Birthday Part I


"On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, Life will never be the same."

Today was a big day in the Ellis household. We celebrated Cooper Jay's first birthday. One year ago today in Groningen, Netherlands the midwife, nurses, Jason and I all exclaimed, "It's a boy!" Life has not been the same;) Even though it has only been a year I can hardly remember life before Cooper. On that day we went from the "three musketeers" to "a party of four" and it has been some party! Last night we put to bed a baby and today we woke up to a very smily one year old:) I assure everyone that he is still a baby and not a toddler (he isn't walking yet so therefore couldn't actually toddle!) We sang Happy Birthday countless times and gave plenty of birthday hugs and kisses. We visited the hospital where he was born and celebrated with a few friends. Today was perfect. Sweet Cooper never realized all the fuss was for him but just went about his day as always. There was a perfect blend of reminiscing while soaking in the sights and sounds of his first birthday.

"For never before in story or rhyme (not even once upon a time) has the world ever known a you, my friend, and it never will, not ever again...Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born"
(Quotes from 'On The Night You Were Born' : Nancy Tillman)

This is what we see in the morning...Lucky us!

Waiting for Birthday breakfast
Martini Hospital!


Party time


What you want your Ray Bans back?

Now you people are talking...CAKE!!!
Excuse me I am enjoying my cake


Happy Birthday Cooper Jay!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet boy!!! I wanna pinch those ONE YEAR old cheeks!!!

    The quotes made me want to cry and your day sounded absolutely perfect...I love that you visited the hospital.

    Your party was so pretty and set up so perfectly...I hope you all had a blast...I don't think there's a question as to whether or not the birthday boy enjoyed his cake. :)

    See you soon, Mama!

    ReplyDelete