Thursday, September 6, 2012

In Sickness and In Health

Oh how this vow has been tested in our house hold this year!  First it was Jason with his knee injury and surgery and then there is me.  Here is a quick rundown of events...Early June I had an emergency appendectomy and then two weeks later another surgery to clean out a raging staph infection in my lower abdomen from said first surgery.  The second surgery just happened to be on Jason and mines 9th wedding anniversary...hence the title of this post!  First I just want to say I am so thankful for my health right now.  I am thankful I am able to pick up Cooper and I am able to take Quincy to school and make his lunch.  I am thankful I am independent once again because for a while there Jason was my everything!  He was mom, dad, chef, maid, entertainer, taxi driver, nurse, comforter and my strength throughout my whole ordeal!  He wiped my tears and reminded me that this to shall pass when my thoughts turned dark.  He took care of our boys and never once did I hear him complain.  He is there for me in sickness and in health and I am blessed to have him in my life.

Jason and I have so much fun together.  Most who meet him will say he is quiet but all who meet him will tell me how great a guy he is...yeah I know already;)  No, I actually love when people compliment him.  He is a genuine person who is very caring and selfless.  These last 9 years have flown by...I know I know very cliche but it is true!  Never did I think I would love the man I married more 9 years later than I did the day I said, "I do".

Well I think this post was originally going to be about poor me and my crazy summer in and out of the hospital but it sort of turned into a Jason post.  Thank you honey for loving me not only without my make-up on but also in sickness and in health!  Cheers to the future!

2 comments:

  1. Tears, goose bumps and more tears.

    Love that we know you both and are witnesses to your love and devotion to one another. Makes this lady happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! Great to see, weel actually read, that you two are still as close as ever!

    ReplyDelete